'2010" It has to be Positive, and it has to be Simple.




Welcome and thank you for visiting. Relax with a cup of tea or coffee and a few minutes of my simple ramblings. It's a respite you need today!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Game On Diet


My commitment to having a blog entry every week is to post something Positive and Simple, to recognize the little joys that make me smile. If I'm not paying attention, these things slip through the cracks, forgotten and unappreciated forever. So this week, FOOD was the concentration of most of my waking hours. Have you heard of the book called, Game On Diet? One of the producers of Greys Anatomy (yes the only smut show I watch) is co creator of this SIMPLE yet effective approach to healthy eating by making a game out of it. I'm one of 5 people on a team, who are playing against another team, all women, all trying to shed unwanted fat. We are just tired of lugging it around and anyone 50 an over can confirm that getting rid of fat at this age is almost impossible unless you work at it. Work at it hard in fact! We started last Weds. Every day we get points for eating the correct foods, at the right time, and exercising and also communicating with all team members. The foods are regular foods that you can find in any grocery store. My mornings now start with 20 minutes of cardio activity, so if you see me dancing around the living room at 6:30am don't be concerned, I'm alright and I'm not carrying on like that because I just found the winning lottery ticket for this week. I get my meals for the day prepared and packed and drink a gallon of water (no exaggeration)for additional points and concentrate on "playing the game" and being obedient to good habits. So what is the positive and simple thing I've gleaned this week? It was grocery shopping with my daughter Erinn, who has a natural instinct for choosing foods and snacks that are just simply good for you. Since I'm the one playing the Game I can confidently say she didn't inherit that instinct from me. The game hasn't been to difficult for me to play since it involves consuming many veggies we grew in our garden and preserved this past fall. This photo was taken on a day when we took much out of the garden and spent hours in the kitchen preserving. Not only do I need to be conscience of paying attention to simple joys, I need to act on them. I'm learning so much. I'll keep you posted on my Game results. Each game lasts only four weeks and I hope to a few pounds lighter at the end of my 1st Game.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post Debbie. Is there a website? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also meant to comment on those beautiful pickles! What a bounty!

    ReplyDelete