'2010" It has to be Positive, and it has to be Simple.




Welcome and thank you for visiting. Relax with a cup of tea or coffee and a few minutes of my simple ramblings. It's a respite you need today!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Begin at the Beginning. Just Fine!

Somewhere during my elementary years Mrs Lempke told our class that everything has a beginning. So at the start of this blog and the start of this new year, I begin here.

Our New Years day started off just as in past years, parades on the television in the morning followed by the buzz of Football games in the afternoon. By mid morning I was upstairs in the studio sewing quilt blocks for a "Saturday Sampler" class I started at the end of October. I told myself years ago that I'd never do another Saturday Sampler having four under my belt already, but here I was enjoying another year after a 3 year hiatus. Up and down the stairs I'd scoot checking on the football scores and the simple cherry pie I had in the oven. My husband is deep into the Big 10 but channel surfs all the games. It's the surfing that keeps me at bay and in my studio.

This first blog post reminds of my first essay. You never know what to write, when it's too much or too little. The ringing of the stove timer reminds me to remove that cherry pie so I'll wish all a Happy New Year with good health and wisdon. My families ordinary start to another year suits me just fine. Just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment